Thursday, May 31, 2012

Book Review: "Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits #1)" by Samantha Young


"For the last two years Ari’s life has been anything but normal and on her 18th birthday, when her friends surprise her with a gimmick genie claiming to grant wishes, Ari discovers the truth. The tragic and strange occurrences surrounding her 16th birthday were not coincidental and her life is never going to be the same again. Ari’s real parents are not normal. They are not loving. They are not human. They are myth. They are Smokeless Fire. They are Jinn." (from Amazon.com; click here for the page)

I really enjoyed this book! It was so different and I got to learn about Jinn, a subject I haven't had much experience with. I loved the characters, especially the chemistry between Ari and Jai. They had that sarcastic back and forth commentary that I found myself looking forward to while reading. The plot moved along nicely and there was a pretty good amount of action involved. It was the kind of book that I couldn't put down, and when I did have to put it down, I found that I couldn't stop thinking about it. I devoured this novel in about a day. I can definitely see myself reading this one again in the future. I highly recommend Smokeless Fire and I give it five out of five stars.

No comments: